Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Buckets!

I don't remember when dough rising buckets started being recommended in bread-baking cookbooks.  I'm sure it was about ten minutes after I bought a ridiculously expensive (to a college student, anyway) extra-large pottery bowl that would hold a double batch of dough, fully risen.

The cookbooks started telling me that dough buckets are more helpfully shaped, have markings on the side, are see-through--in short, are totally superior to any mixing bowl.

Dough rising buckets aren't ridiculously expensive (King Arthur Flour has a reasonable one), but I've resisted getting one.  As often as I would use it, my mixing bowls get the job done, and they can do many other jobs besides.

Yesterday, though, I discovered that I had one already.

I haven't found the box with the plastic wrap in it yet, but I keep forgetting this until after I've made something that requires it.

Yesterday, that happened to be pizza dough.  So.  Guess where I put it?



Yup.  In my two-dollar plastic pitcher.

It's see-through.  It has markings on the side.  It's very helpfully shaped.  And it can do more than one job.



I won't say that I'm never going to use my mixing bowls again.  But it did work just as nicely as all the cookbooks said!

No comments:

Post a Comment