Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

What I've Been Reading This Week

This has got to be the awesomest story ever, even if it was an April Fools joke.  For the record: if I were from a future "communist chocolate hellhole," with no poverty and free Kit-Kats for everyone, I don't think I'd be trying to stop it.

This one left me stunned and flabbergasted.  I had no idea that being hungry could make people grouchy.  None.  Somebody funded this study, y'all.  They may as well fund a study on whether or not people like bacon.  Duh.

I have no idea why it's news that Philip Seymour Hoffman left his estate to his long-term partner, the mother of his minor children, rather than to the children themselves.  Don't parents normally structure their wills this way, trusting their surviving spouses to take sufficient care of their minor children?  Don't a whole lot of them do it this way even when their children are grown, trusting their surviving spouses to do right by their own children?  Sorry, kids, but if you bump me off, you still have to work around Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment