Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Finished Objects

I haven't been knitting for quite some time.

But a recent road trip provided lots and lots of knitting time, so I did get one little project done:




Of all my boys, Amos is the one to have mastered satisfying expressions of gratitude.

When I finished the first sock, I put it on him to try it for size.  He got wide-eyed, put his hand on his chest, and said, "Do you make-ded that sock for ME?"

I said yes, and he said, as effusively as any child actor assigned a "thank you" scene, "Oh!  THANK you, Mommy!"

When I finished the second sock, he hugged them, and then he hugged me, and he refused to take them off for the whole day.

Now, I recognize A Certain Son's genuine gratitude as expressed through a surreptitious, "Yo, thanks, Mom," and A Certain Other Son's as expressed by pestery requests for three more of whatever I've just given him.

But, you know, Amos's way is a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment