Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Whose Bible? Which Table of Contents?

"Mommy, do you want to use my Adventure Bible for your class?"
"Well, gosh, Theo, I don't . . . um . . ."
"It has EVERYthing you could need. It has Genesis, Exodius, Livlicus, Numbers, Dridomy, Joshua, . . . and there's TWO Currenicles and Plammis. There's Zurrackium, MickChali, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romis, Crenthinus one, Crenthinus two, Glactians, Tittus, Filimonia, Judo, Revolution. Are those things you could need?"
"Well, um, I'm supposed to, uh, teach about, uh, the Psalms tomorrow."
"That's not in here. Maybe my Bible isn't the full Bible."
"Um, well, see here where it says Psalms?"
"MOM. That says Plammis."
"Uh, maybe I'm pronouncing it wrong. But, you know, I'd be happy to take your Bible with me tomorrow and use it."
"Okay! Good! I'll put it in your bag so you don't forget it."

No comments:

Post a Comment